Accumulations of electrifying images occupy the increasingly elastic visual fields from which jerky acts of recollection try to extract fragile memories. Luca Florian's new works rely on the strange juxtaposition of subjects, extracted from a vibrant stock of images from contemporary visual culture, from everyday reality and from one's own dreams, proposing a confusing game of reception in which the unfamiliar presents himself as familiar and vice versa in several acts of analogy with an ambiguous end.
The white cube is split and transformed into an unstable territory, inhabited by a cottage, an invasive but inaccessible space, with an alternative rhythm and energy. The encapsulated work proposes a frustrating game of the visible and the invisible, composing a partially withdrawn figurative content. The installation opens a playful dialogue with the work "Etant Donnés" by Marcel Duchamp, the sculptural female body being replaced by the unfocused and strange figure of an equestrian character.
Text: Daria Nedelcu
1. Portrait, 2019. oil on canvas. 40 x 30 cm.
2. Archaeopteryx 3: Crystal, 2021. oil on canvas. 140 x 100 cm
3 .Figure, 2020. oil on canvas. 90 x 70 cm.
4. Dream of Pink Palace, Quadriptych, 2020. oil on canvas. four canvases, each 40 x 30 cm.
5. Harlow’s Monkey: Love Wire, 2020. Oil on canvas. 100 x 80 cm
6. Harlow’s Monkey: Cloth Mother, 2020. Oil on canvas. 100 x 80 cm
7. Vogelkop Superb Bird-Of-Paradise, 2020. oil on canvas. 130 x 90 cm.
8. Axelotl, 2020. oil on canvas. 40 x 40 cm
9. Cabin Fever, 2021. Wood, metal, glass, plastic, oil on canvas, PLA, cotton, acryl. 270 x 300 x 200 cm.